Planning your next adventure make sure you have these 5 Ultimate travel essentials for your next wine adventure. Trust me you will never leave home without them again.
Six years ago me and my husband went on a vacation that changed the way I traveled forever. It was our 1st anniversary and he surprised me with a trip into the mountains to celebrate.
With clothes thrown everywhere, it looked like a scene from the movie where the perpetrator couldn’t find what they wanted, so they trashed the place instead. In this instance, the perpetrator is me. (guilty as charged) I searched my suitcase one last time, checking my secret compartment hoping against hope that I would find it. Then, gripping the cool metal handle, I jump up, doing the happy dance as I run out of the room, ready to pop open the bottle of wine we had purchased earlier.
Nothing is worse than going to a vineyard and leaving with a bottle of wine only to have no way of opening it. This was my experience when I stayed at a hotel. The room came with a little plastic one, but it was not working. I love touring Vineyards while on vacation, and having a wine opener is a must for me. Sadly I travel with one in my purse just in case. Which is what lead me to share my top 5 ultimate travel essentials for your next wine adventure.
Getting ready for a trip for me is so exciting. I usually start packing a month before the big day, mostly out of excitement. (crazy yes but I can’t help it) But my fear is that I will forget something. It’s usually the little things you leave behind. So below is a list of why these travel essentials you will make you fall in love. You will definitely want to have these travel essentials on your next wine adventure. You can thank me later. Spoiler alert one of them is a wine opener.
Nothing is worse than going to a vineyard and leaving with a bottle of wine only to have no way of opening it. This was my experience when I stayed at a hotel. The room came with a little plastic one, but it was not working. I love touring Vineyards while on vacation, and having a wine opener is a must for me. Sadly I travel with one in my purse just in case.
- A good novel, preferably a real trashy one. Oh, I love a good book that makes me lose myself in the plot. So much so that I wrote myself in as an additional character and changed my name to Champagne. Don’t judge me. Reading is a great way to gain knowledge and relax while unwinding, especially during a long ride. So why not indulge yourself in that book you’ve been dying to read.
- Bottle water, I can not tell you how many times I have woken up with my mouth feeling like the Sierra Desert. Let’s be honest we go on vacation so we can do things we wouldn’t normally do while at home.
- Sometimes that means tequila shots, margaritas, Jell-O shots, or all three. (I’m not judging) With all that partying, the last thing you want to do is wake up thirsty. Even if you’re not drinking, I prefer bottled water to make my coffee in the morning.
- Blanket for those cool nights. Late nights are usually a little cooler, and if you plan to sit outside under the stars, bring a throw blanket. Trust me, you won’t regret it.
- Wide-brimmed hat. If you’re like me, when you are on vacation, most of your time is spent outdoors soaking up the sun. We all love the sun’s warmth; however, it’s essential to protect your skin. Treat yourself to a beautiful wide-brimmed hat in your favorite color, then pair it with a matching outfit.
Small portable speaker. These are like gold. They are small enough to fit in a carry on and easy to take with you anywhere you go. Just imagine getting back to your room and sitting outside wrapped in your blanket. Still wearing your beautiful summer hat you pull out your trusty wine opener. Pouring you and your special someone both a glass of wine. Then you start to play some relaxing music as you both sip and relax. What a perfect night. Sure there maybe some other things you want to bring just don’t forget to bring the music.
I hope you found these 5 ultimate travel essentials for your next wine adventures to be some your must haves. If your looking for your next adventure check out Natural Bridge VA for adventure and wine.