As a busy mom juggling family work while trying to eat healthy meal prep is my go-to way to prepare for the busy week ahead. Here is your easy way to get started without all the headaches and containers.
1. Make it a goal: Start setting yourself up for success by making meal prepping part of your weekly routine. Set realistic goals for the number of meals you want to prepare each week so that you don’t end up feeling overwhelmed or disappointed when you don’t reach them all.
2. Plan ahead: Once you know what your weekly meal prep goal is, be sure to plan out all of the meals and snacks you’ll need. This will help to minimize waste and ensure that you have enough food for the entire week.
3. Make it easy: Choose recipes that are simple to put together so that meal prepping doesn’t take too much of your time. Look for recipes involving minimal steps and ingredients – this will make it a lot easier when you’re in a hurry or short on time!
4. Invest in quality containers: Investing in quality storage containers is key to successful weekend meal prepping. Look for ones with tight-fitting lids to keep the items fresh and prevent any spills or messes from happening.
5. Cook in batches: A great way to save time and energy during meal prepping is to cook multiple items at once. For example, if you’re making spaghetti for dinner, why not make enough to have leftovers for lunch the next day? This will help you cut down on your cooking time while still providing delicious meals all week long.
By following these 5 tips for quick and easy weekend meal prep, you’ll be ready to tackle the week ahead with a healthy plate of food! Bon appetite!
Want more tea listen to Thym 4 Tea with Mikita Podcast!